Finding a supervisor
We are committed to providing quality training and supervision for all research students.
Our department has full research training recognition by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) via its North West Doctoral Training Centre and is a partner of the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC), Manchester Power Networks Centre of Doctoral Training.
As part of the North West Doctoral Training Centre we have close links with Civic Design at the University of Liverpool, which means we can offer opportunities for joint supervision, and PhD students can access specialist training courses at either university.
- Mark Baker (planning)
- Adam Barker (spatial planning)
- Philip Black (urban design)
- Iain Deas (urban and regional policy and planning)
- Anna Gilchrist (environmental management and ecology)
- Graham Haughton (urban and environmental planning)
- Stephen Hincks (spatial planning)
- Carys Jones (planning and environmental management)
- Richard Kingston (planning and environmental management)
- Nuno Pinto (urban planning and urban design)
- Alfredo Stein Heinemann (urban development planning)
- Sotirios Thanos (real estate and urban economics)
- Joanne Tippett (spatial planning)
- Cecilia Wong (spatial planning)