Careers and employability
Careers advice and opportunities to gain experience and improve your skills should not be treated as an afterthought in your final year.
At SEED, supporting you in improving your employability is a priority for us throughout your studies. We build employability into your student experience from the beginning of your course.
We'll be here to:
- facilitate your applications for placements and internships by using our links with professional practices
- help you to connect with our many successful alumni
- organise events and teaching sessions that will show you how to fine-tune your interview skills, network creatively and apply for jobs.
On some of our undergraduate courses, you can even study course units devoted to career management, involving potential employers.
Our graduates have an excellent employment rate, and they’re sought after by the top graduate employers. University wide there are plenty of resources available; The University of Manchester’s Careers Service has been repeatedly voted the best in the sector by students and employers in terms of the service the University provides and the employability of our graduates.
There are plenty of high-quality resources and support available to help you take charge of your career development from day one, from exploring your options, to securing your ideal job.
- Manchester Institute of Education (MIE)
- Planning and Environmental Management
We caught up with some of our alumni to find out how studying at SEED prepared them for their careers.
Claire Brown and Melissa Wilson took our master's in Planning and Environmental Management while Claire Wych and Olisa Ogbechie opted to study Geography.