PD Counselling Psychology / Application and selection
Year of entry: 2018
How to apply
Please upload the following documents with your application:
- A supporting statement
- Two references
- Copies of certificates and transcripts for all previous degree qualifications
- Evidence of your basic counselling skills training or professional experience of using such skills
- Evidence of Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership of the British Psychological Society
- A CV
- A copy of the data pages of your passport
- Evidence of your English Language proficiency if applicable: IELTS certificate minimum overall score 7.5 with 7 in each section
Advice to applicants
Assessment will take place through application form, references, individual interview and assessment activities.
An overview of the programme will be provided. All candidates will:
- be individually interviewed, including discussion around a recent piece of academic writing
- deliver a presentation to course tutors (you will be informed of the topic of the presentation when invited for interview)
- take part in a role play activity in order to demonstrate your counselling skills
Overseas (non-UK) applicants
All international students studying for the Doctorate in Counselling Psychology, who need a visa to study in the UK, will be required to apply for an ATAS (Academic Technology Approval Scheme) certificate.
Further information can be found on the Foreign & Commonwealth Office's website including the ATAS application form. Please note: Applicants do not need to apply for an ATAS certificate until after they have received an offer from The University.