MEd Psychology of Education / Entry requirements
Year of entry: 2018
Academic entry qualification overview
A good honours degree (minimum 2:1), or the overseas equivalent, in any discipline is required. Candidates who do not meet the minimum 2:1 entry requirement must demonstrate evidence of ability to study at master's level (e.g. by having already completed a master's degree in another discipline).
Please submit the following documents with your application:
- Copies of official degree certificates and transcripts of your previous study, showing the subjects taken and grades obtained. If these documents are in languages other than English please provide official translations.
- Two written references, signed by the referee and on official headed paper
- A personal statement (one side of A4 paper) detailing why you wish to study the course, your experiences, what you can bring to the course and any other information that you see as relevant to your application
- Your CV
- Copies of English Language Certification, e.g. IELTS, TOEFL or Pearson test score report
Applicants may be invited to interview before a final decision is made so that their suitability for the course can be assessed. This is likely to be for applicants who do not have any previous experience of psychology and/or education or whose personal statement does not provide enough information about their motivation to study at this level. For overseas students we will try to arrange interview through Skype or other media.
Applicants whose first language is not English should meet the following language requirements:
- IELTS test score of 6.5 or more overall, with a minimum writing score of 6.5 and no other subsection below 6.0
- TOEFL internet-based test score of 90 or more overall, with a minimum writing score of 22 and no other subsection below 20
- Pearson Test of English score of 59 or more overall, with a minimum writing score of 59 and no other subsection below 51
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE) or Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) overall score of 176 or above, with 176 in writing and no sub-section below 169 -OR- Grade C if taken before January 2015 (Please note that the Cambridge First Certificate in English is not acceptable)
This course places great demands on students in terms of English language skills. We therefore need to verify English language proficiency at the time of application. We are sorry that we are unable to consider applications from non-native speakers of English unless they include their test report form from one of the above tests, showing the required minimum scores.