Funding opportunities in Planning and Environmental Management
Planning and Environmental Management Postgraduate Taught Merit Awards
Applications are invited for the PEM Postgraduate Taught Merit Awards from holders of offers for the following programmes:
- MSc Environmental Impact Assessment and Management
- MSc Global Urban Development and Planning
- MSc Planning
- MSc Real Estate Development
- MSc Real Estate Asset Management
- MSc Urban Design and International Planning
- MSc Urban Regeneration and Development
Two awards of a 50% tuition fee waiver will be made to successful applicants upon registration on the programme.
To qualify to apply for the award, applicants must hold a First Class Honours first degree or equivalent. Applicants must hold an unconditional offer to be eligible.
How to apply
To apply for the awards, applicants should submit a letter detailing their reasons for studying their chosen master’s course and their plans for applying their learning following graduation by email to Michael Ruppli at PG-PlanningEM-Admissions@manchester.ac.uk, using the subject line 'Merit Awards Scholarship Application' and quoting their University of Manchester ID number.
The closing date for applications for September 2017 entry is Friday 30 June 2017.
Applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application by the end of July 2017.
Future planners bursary
The School of Environment, Education and Development (SEED) in partnership with the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) is pleased to announce a number of £1,000 cash bursaries for our MSc Planning commencing in September 2017.
Eligibility for the award is as follows:
- Applicants must already hold an unconditional offer to study on our MSc Planning programme.
- Applicants must have a UK or EU nationality or have proof of eligibility to work in the UK or Ireland after graduation.
- Applicants must have a First or Upper Second Class degree at undergraduate level in any discipline.
To apply applicants should email a 500-word statement, detailing how they will apply their learning to develop a credible career track into town planning.
You should email your statement to Michael Ruppli: PG-PlanningEM-Admissions@manchester.ac.uk using the subject line 'Future Planners Bursary', followed by your University of Manchester ID number.
The closing date for applications for September 2017 is Friday 14 July 2017.
Applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application in August 2017.