- MBChB - University of Aberdeen
- MA in Psychoanalytic Studies - University of Sheffield
Deconstructing discourses of sexuality in group analysis.
This is a reflexive, theoretical thesis that addresses the question of sexuality in group analysis. The aim of this proposed thesis is to inspire and generate new material for group analytic training, and to consolidate and expand current conceptions of sexuality, and specifically homosexuality, within group analytic theory, in order to create new theoretical paradigms as to how such categories might be explored within a therapeutic group.
- Critical psychiatry
- Elderly care
- Group analysis
- Gender and sexuality
- Response to Morris Nitsun’s commentary on ‘(De)constructions of discourse in group analytic perspectives of homosexuality’. Anderson, D. Awaiting publication in Group Analysis (International Journal of Group-Analytic Psychotherapy)
- (De)constructions of discourse in group analytic perspectives of homosexuality. Anderson, D. Awaiting publication in Group Analysis (International Journal of Group-Analytic Psychotherapy)
- The Retreat, York: an organisational view of an applied group analytic approach. Anderson, D. Awaiting publication in Group Analysis.
- Where do feelings go in dementia? A psychodynamic observational study and model of care. Anderson, D., Petty, P., Potts, M. Study currently being written-up as a chapter for a book. The initial findings were presented at the Institute of Mental Health (University of Nottingham) and The Retreat joint research day, 29th June 2015.
- Queering analysis: sexuality linking group analysis and psychoanalysis. Anderson, D., Full, W. New Associations (Issue 17, 2015).
- Self-management group interventions for people with mild cognitive impairment or dementia: a systematic review. Quinn, C., Toms, G., Anderson, D., Clare, L. Alzheimer's & Dementia: The Journal of the Alzheimer's Association (2014) 10 (4): 769.
- A review of self-management interventions for people with mild dementia and mild cognitive impairment.Quinn, C., Toms, G., Anderson, D., Clare, L. Journal of Applied Gerontology (2015) 1-35.
- Self-management in early-stage dementia: a pilot randomised controlled trial of the efficacy and cost-effectiveness of a self-management group intervention (The SMART study).Quinn, C., Anderson, D., Toms, G., Whitaker, R., Edwards, R., Jones, C., Clare, L. Trials (2014) 15 (1): 74
- ‘Help yourself’: Perspectives on self-management from people with dementia and their caregivers. Toms, G., Quinn, C., Anderson, D., Clare, L. Qualitative Health Research (2014) 25 (1): 87-98.
- Group analysis and dementia: reflections on conducting an analytic space. Group Analysis (International Journal of Group-Analytic Psychotherapy) (2011) 44(4): 385-94.
- Love and hate in dementia: the depressive position in the film Iris. International Journal of Psychoanalysis (2010) 91(5): 1289-97. Re-published as a chapter in Internationale Psychoanalyse 2011 (publication in Germany).