- Master of Resource Management - Simon Fraser University, Canada
- BSc Biology - University of British Columbia, Canada
Practicing retrofit: An exploration of the role of intermediaries in residential energy efficiency upgrades.
I'm interested in the role that normative discourses, imageries and materialities play in maintaining or destabilizing existing retrofit practices - good and bad. My PhD examines the agency and daily practices of intermediaries within the housing energy retrofit system, and how the former influence and direct the latter.
As we know, the timing of climate action is at odds with the natural rate of turnover and energy efficiency improvements in the housing stock. As a consequence, millions of inefficient homes must be retrofitted at an accelerated rate if climate goals are to be met. It's this tension between the status quo and a low-carbon transition that provides much of the impetus for my research.
- Social practice
- Residential retrofits
- Socio-technical systems
- Communities of practice
- Climate change governance
- Energy efficiency in buildings
Membership of academic and professional bodies
- Centre for Urban Resilience and Energy, University of Manchester - Member
- Canadian Institute of Planners - Member
- Association of Energy Engineers - Certified Energy Manager
- Canada Green Building Council - LEED Accredited Professional (BD+C)