MA Digital Technologies, Communication and Education / Entry requirements
Year of entry: 2018
Academic entry qualification overview
Honours degree (minimum 2:2 classification) or equivalent approved academic qualification from a recognised institution. Please submit the following documents with your application:
- Copies of official degree certificates and transcripts of your previous study, showing the subjects taken and grades obtained. If these documents are in languages other than English please provide official translations.
- Two written references, signed by the referee and on official headed paper
- A personal statement detailing why you wish to study the course, your experiences, what you can bring to the course and any other information that you see as relevant to your application
- Your CV
- Copies of English Language Certification, e.g. IELTS, TOEFL or Pearson test score report.
Applicants whose first language is not English should meet the following language requirements:
- IELTS test score of 6.5 or more overall, with a minimum writing score of 6.5 and no other subsection below 6.0
- TOEFL internet-based test score of 90 or more overall, with a minimum writing score of 22 and no other subsection below 20
- Pearson Test of English score of 59 or more overall, with a minimum writing score of 59 and no other subsection below 51
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE) or Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) overall score of 176 or above, with 176 in writing and no sub-section below 169 -OR- Grade C if taken before January 2015 (Please note that the Cambridge First Certificate in English is not acceptable)
We will consider applicants who do not meet these scores but you may be required to attend a pre-sessional English language course at the University of Manchester, or to demonstrate an improvement in your language scores prior to the start of your course.