MSc Geographical Information Science / Entry requirements
Year of entry: 2018
Academic entry qualification overview
You should have a Bachelors degree with a minimum classification of Second Class Honours, Upper Division (2:1) or its international equivalent. We welcome applicants from a range of degree backgrounds, especially Geography and Environmental Sciences. Graduates in biological sciences, mathematics, engineering, or a cognate discipline are also welcome. You may need to take additional study on your own if you do not understand basic knowledge presupposed in some of the taught units.
Please submit the following documents with your application:
- Copies of official degree certificates and transcripts of your previous study, showing the subjects taken and grades obtained. If these documents are in languages other than English please provide official translations.
- Two written references, signed by the referee and on official headed paper.
- A personal statement detailing why you wish to study the course, your experiences, what you can bring to the course and any other information that you see as relevant to your application
- Your CV
- Copies of English Language Certification, e.g. IELTS, TOEFL or Pearson test score report.
- IELTS 6.5 overall, 6.5 in writing, no sub-section below 6.0
- TOEFL iBT overall score of 90 with a minimum score of 22 in writing and 20 in the other subsections
- Pearson PTE overall score of 59 with a minimum score of 59 in the written section and 55 in all other subsections
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE) or Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) overall score of 176 or above, with 176 in writing and no sub-section below 169 - OR - Grade C if taken before January 2015
Some English language test results are only valid for two years. Your English language test report must be valid on the start date of your course.