MSc Human Resource Management (International Development) / Entry requirements
Year of entry: 2018
Academic entry qualification overview
Applications for the MSc Human Resource Management (International Development) are extremely competitive and, as places are limited, we give preference to those eligible applicants who best meet our selection criteria.
When considering your application we will look at a number of factors. We will assess whether you meet our minimum entry requirements and, in addition, we will look at your individual academic performance within your class, the curriculum of the course you have studied and where you have studied.
Please note if you meet our minimum entry requirements but due to the high demand for the programme we are unable to make you an offer immediately, you may be placed on a waiting list. Candidates on a waiting list will receive an offer only if places become available.
Applicants should have a Bachelors degree with a minimum classification of Second Class Honours Upper Division (2:1) or its international equivalent. Admission of candidates who do not meet this criterion may be approved if satisfactory evidence of postgraduate study, research or professional experience can be provided. Work experience is preferable but not essential. Please contact the School's admissions office for further guidance.
Please submit the following documents with your application:
- Copies of official degree certificates and transcripts of your previous study, showing the subjects taken and grades obtained. If these documents are in languages other than English please provide official translations.
- Two written references, signed by the referee and on official headed paper.
- A personal statement detailing why you wish to study the course, your experiences, what you can bring to the course and any other information that you see as relevant to your application
- Your CV
- Copies of English Language Certification, e.g. IELTS, TOEFL or Pearson test score report.
- IELTS test score of 6.5 or more overall, with a minimum writing score of 6.5 and no other subsection below 6.0
- TOEFL internet-based test score of 90 or more overall, with a minimum writing score of 22 and no other subsection below 20
- Pearson PTE overall score of 59 with a minimum score of 59 in the written section and 51 in all other subsections.
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE) or Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) overall score of 176 or above, with 176 in writing and no sub-section below 169 -OR- Grade C if taken before January 2015
We will consider applicants who do not meet these scores but you may be required to attend a pre-sessional English language course at the University of Manchester, or to demonstrate an improvement in your language scores prior to the start of your course.