PGCE Primary / Entry requirements
Year of entry: 2018
Academic entry qualification overview
- A 2:1 or above honours degree in non-vocational subjects are preferred. Vocational subjects may be considered.
- Applicants with a 2:2 honours degree may be considered but must be able to demonstrate evidence of higher academic attainment, e.g., through postgraduate study.
- Two A-levels at grade C or above in non-vocational subjects.
- Minimum grade C or 4 at GCSE (or equivalent) in English language, mathematics and science, plus GCSE grade C in at least three other non-vocational subjects.
- We recommend that applicants spend 5 days observing primary teaching following a UK curriculum prior to attending an interview, however this is not mandatory.
- References - references should support the suitability of the candidate for teaching.
- A personal statement.
In addition to a grade of C at GCSE in English Language, applicants whose first language is not English are required to meet the following language requirements:
- IELTS 6.5 overall, 6.5 in writing, no sub-section below 6.0, or
- TOEFL iBT overall score of 90 with a minimum score of 22 in writing and 20 in the other sub-sections, or
- Pearson PTE overall score of 62 with a minimum score of 62 in writing and 55 in the other sub-sections, or
- Cambridge CAE grade A or Cambridge CPE grade C (please note that the Cambridge First Certificate in English is not acceptable).
English language test validity
Other international entry requirements
Relevant work experience
We recommend that applicants spend 5 days observing primary teaching following a UK curriculum prior to attending an interview, however this is not mandatory