Explore our degree courses, master's degrees and PhD programmes.
Gain specialist training for a career in teaching or a range of related fields, and benefit from teaching which is consistently rated ‘excellent’ by both QAA and Ofsted.
Undergraduate courses 2018
Education for All Programmes (EdAP)
EdAP is a suite of undergraduate education course units offered by the MIE.
The course units are open to all students across the University who are eligible to take free choice options as part of their degree structure.
Visiting students and exchange students are also eligible to be considered for some or all of the EdAP courses.
For more information, contact Lyn Renshaw, MIE (firstname.lastname@example.org).
PGCert in Higher Education
The PGCert programme is available to staff throughout The University of Manchester.
Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) courses
- PGCE Secondary Biology
- PGCE Secondary Business Education
- PGCE Secondary Chemistry
- PGCE Secondary Economics and Business Education
- PGCE Secondary English
- PGCE Secondary French
- PGCE Secondary Geography
- PGCE Secondary German
- PGCE Secondary History
- PGCE Secondary Mathematics
- PGCE Secondary Physics
- PGCE Secondary Physics with Maths
- PGCE Secondary Spanish
- PGCE Primary School Direct 5-11
- PGCE Secondary School Direct Biology
- PGCE Secondary School Direct Chemistry
- PGCE Secondary School Direct English
- PGCE Secondary School Direct French
- PGCE Sec Sch Dir: Geography (Cheadle & Marple College)
- PGCE Secondary School Direct German
- PGCE Sec Sch Dir: History (Cheadle & Marple College)
- PGCE Secondary School Direct Mathematics
- PGCE Secondary School Direct Physics
- PGCE Secondary School Direct Physics with Maths
- PGCE Secondary School Direct Spanish
Taught master's courses
- Digital Technologies, Communication and Education MA
- Education (International) MA
- Educational Leadership (part time) MA
- Educational Leadership MA
- Psychology of Education MEd
- TESOL MA
- Intercultural Communication MA (taught in conjunction with The School of Arts, Languages and Cultures)