Careers and employability
Our students form broad educational knowledge and professional experience in educational environments.
We work with partner schools and organisations. This ensures students are familiar with educational environments and put knowledge into practice.
You'll undertake supervised work experience or research placements in the UK or overseas.
These placements usually sit within schools. However, you could find yourself working in:
- adult education;
- community-based learning organisations;
- further education;
- higher education.
Our degrees will also strengthen your abilities in areas such as:
- intercultural awareness;
- project management;
- skill in research;
- written and oral communication.
What do our Education graduates do?
- Child and adolescent counselling
- Educational officer training for local authorities
- Primary and early years education
- Roles in non-governmental organisations (NGOs) focused on community education
- Special needs teaching
- Teaching English as a second language
- Youth work
Who employs our Education graduates?
- Higher education
- Local and central government
- Public relations
- Sports management
Find out how the Manchester Institute of Education (MIE) has helped launch careers.
Farhana studied MEd Psychology of Education and now works as a primary school teacher.
Tom completed an MEd Psychology of Education and has just been accepted for a place on a doctorate of Educational Psychology.
Marta studied at The University of Manchester and now runs her own company as a language coach.