Leverhulme Trust Early Career Fellowship
The University of Manchester’s School of Environment, Education and Development (SEED) welcomes applications to the 2023 round of the Leverhulme Trust Early Career Fellowship.
This scheme offers exceptional career development opportunities for those who are at a relatively early stage of their academic careers, but who have a proven track record of research.
Fellowships are tenable for three years on a full-time basis, providing a salary and also research expenses of up to £6,000 per year. Around 145 fellowships are available this year.
Fellows will undertake a significant piece of publishable work, which must be distinguishable from their PhD project, during the period of their award.
Consult our website for information on our subject areas, staff specialisms and research centres and institutes. Those interested in applying will need to contact a University of Manchester academic who can act as a sponsor for their application.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have successfully passed their viva voce examination between 23rd February 2019 and 23rd February 2023
- Have not yet held a permanent, full-time academic post in a UK university or comparable institution.
- Either hold a degree from a UK higher education institution at the time of taking up the Fellowship or at the time of the application deadline must hold an academic position in the UK (e.g. fixed-term lectureship, fellowship) which commenced no less than 4 months prior to the closing date.
For more information about the scheme, including eligibility criteria, please visit the Leverhulme Early Career Fellowships page.
Interested applicants will need to:
- Make contact with a potential University of Manchester academic sponsor.
- Submit a draft application (using provided template) and a 2-page CV in Microsoft Word format.
Completed draft applications should be sent by sponsors to the SEED Research Support Office.
The internal deadline for submitting your expression of interest is 18th November.
Applicants selected for full application will be notified in December 2022.
- Download the expression of interest form.