We offer a limited number of scholarships and awards to students enrolling on master’s courses.
The University generates a substantial amount of funding from research councils, industry and other external sources. The School also offers a limited number of scholarships and awards for students enrolling on master's programmes. You can browse through our funding options for the following subject areas:
Search for funding opportunities
Choose your country and programme of study to search our postgraduate funding opportunities database. Alternatively, you can view funding opportunities for all of our School's programmes.
Other funding opportunities
Equity and Merit Scholarships assist talented but economically disadvantaged students from some of the world’s poorest countries.
We offer two types of scholarship:
- One-year, full-time, on-campus master’s
- Part-time distance learning master’s (three to five years' duration)
There are 27 scholarships (17 for full-time study and 10 for part-time study) available to students from Uganda, Ethiopia, Rwanda and Tanzania. The scholarships cover full tuition fees, and for students who will be studying in Manchester, the award includes return international air fares, living expenses and visas.
A £3000 reduction on fees for self-financing students on Masters courses in the School of Environment, Education and Development (SEED) who have obtained a first class degree from the University of Manchester. The award is available to graduates who have been awarded within three years of the start of the Masters course in September 2018.
- You do not need to apply for this scholarship separately. You will be automatically considered on the basis of your application for the course.
- If you meet the eligibility criteria, you will be awarded the scholarship automatically, as long as you have accepted an offer of a place on a SEED Master's course by the end of June in the year your course starts.
- Any scholarship awarded will be applied as a reduction in the annual tuition fee for the course, rather than as a cash payment.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org