Support for researchers
Awarded an Athena Swan Bronze in 2018, SEED is committed to our equality, diversity and inclusion goals and ensuring that we provide our researchers with a generous range of mechanisms and schemes to support.
Benefits for our researchers include:
- Strong connections to interdisciplinary research institutes and areas across the University.
- Links to international and national research networks.
- Dedicated seminar series with a range of prominent international speakers.
- Honorary and visiting researcher schemes.
- Active seminar and specialist groups.
- Pre and post-award support, including research communications and engagement with external partners.
- Dedicated support for specialised laboratory and technical research activities which complements and extends wider University provision, e.g. for library, media, and innovation activities.
- An annual personal research allowance.
- A School research support fund with a dedicated early-career strand.
- Funds for engagement activities with non-academic partners.
- Research group funds for away days, writing retreats, and collaborative activities.
- Annual internal studentship competitions for PhD student supervision.
- University investment schemes to support large, inter-disciplinary grant development, and Gold open access publications costs.
- The opportunity to apply for a one-semester sabbatical leave once every six semesters.
- Early-career and mid-career mentoring schemes
- Reduced teaching and administration for early-career researchers and contract researchers.