Applications and interviews
All applications for PGCE courses are processed through the UCAS Teacher Training website.
There is no fixed deadline for applications. However, we do close courses when all places have been filled. As our PGCE courses are very popular, we recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible.
Our admissions panel will assess your application, and if you are successful we will invite you to an interview day. We aim to notify you of our decision within 40 working days of receiving your application.
The interview process takes place over a half-day at our Oxford Road campus. It includes:
- an introductory talk
- a personal interview designed to identify your suitability and commitment to teaching
- a short presentation (PGCE Primary only)
- a short teaching task and subject knowledge assessment (PGCE Secondary only)
- identity and qualification checks (please provide photographic ID, proof of address and copies of your academic qualifications)
Upcoming interview days
- Thursday 10 May 2018
- Wednesday 16 May 2018
- Thursday 24 May 2018
- Thursday 31 May 2018
- Wednesday 6 June 2018
- Thursday 21 June 2018
- Thursday 28 June 2018
- Tuesday 3 July 2018
- Thursday 19 July 2018
- Wednesday 25 July 2018
We're looking for:
- awareness of current educational issues
- personal awareness of your role as teacher in relation to teaching and learning
- reflection following your recent experience in a UK school
- your capacity to engage in an intensive period of training
- your enthusiasm for working with children
- your potential to become a first-rate teacher of children.
Find out more
Our Primary PGCE will prepare you to teach ages 5 to 11 and incorporates Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
Our PGCE Secondary course is one of the leading teacher training programmes in the UK.