All applications for PGCE courses are processed through the UCAS Teacher Training website.
You can apply at UCAS Teacher Training.
There is no fixed deadline for applications. However, we do close courses when all places have been filled. Our PGCE courses are very popular, so submit your application as soon as possible.
Our admissions panel will assess your application. If you are successful we will invite you to an interview day. We aim to notify you of our decision within 40 working days of receiving your application.
Please note: Given the current situation relating to COVID-19, the University will be holding our PGCE applicant interviews via Skype. For the latest updates, visit our Coronavirus information page.
The interview process takes place over a half-day at our Oxford Road campus. It includes:
- an introductory talk;
- a personal interview designed to identify your suitability and commitment to teaching;
- a short presentation (PGCE Primary) or short teaching task and subject knowledge assessment (PGCE Secondary);
- identity and qualification checks.
We're looking for:
- awareness of current educational issues;
- personal awareness of your role as a teacher in relation to teaching and learning;
- reflection following your recent experience in a UK school;
- your capacity to engage in an intensive period of training;
- your enthusiasm for working with children;
- your potential to become a first-rate teacher of children.