All applications for PGCE courses are processed through the DfE Apply website.
You can see further details of all our PGCE courses and apply through this link to DfE Find.
There is no fixed deadline for applications. However, we do close courses when all places have been filled. Our PGCE courses are very popular, so submit your application as soon as possible.
Our admissions panel will assess your application, and where you meet the criteria, invite you to an interview.
The interview process takes place online. It includes:
- an introductory talk;
- a personal interview designed to identify your suitability and commitment to teaching;
- a short presentation (PGCE Primary) or short teaching task and subject knowledge assessment (PGCE Secondary);
- identity checks. Qualifications will be checked after interview.
We are looking for:
- awareness of current educational issues;
- personal awareness of your role as a teacher in relation to teaching and learning;
- your capacity to engage in an intensive period of training;
- your enthusiasm for working with children and young people;
- your potential to become a successful teacher of children and young people.