We are proud to work with a number of primary and secondary schools in Greater Manchester to offer trainees the School Direct route into teaching.
School Direct has some advantages for schools and for trainees. Trainees apply direct to the School Direct alliance that they are interested in. School Direct therefore provides schools with opportunities to select their own PGCE trainees (according to the same criteria as for our Core PGCE), and to place them in their partner schools during the PGCE Programme. Schools can then offer their trainees permanent roles at the end of the training, although there is no guarantee of employment.
As a School Direct trainee, you'll follow a modified version of the PGCE course structure. You may spend extra time in school before the PGCE starts. But you will receive equivalent training opportunities and support all the way through the PGCE as offered to Core PGCE trainees.
All applications for Schools Direct are processed through DfE Apply.
We will then review your application with the lead school that you have selected. If your application is successful, the lead school will invite you to an interview.
You can find our primary and secondary school partners on the map below.
- PGCE Primary School Direct 5-11
- PGCE Secondary School Direct (English)
- PGCE Secondary School Direct (French)
- PGCE Secondary School Direct (Geography)
- PGCE Secondary School Direct (German)
- PGCE Secondary School Direct (History)
- PGCE Secondary School Direct (Mathematics)
- PGCE Secondary School Direct (Spanish)
- PGCE Secondary School Direct Science: Biology (11-16 or 11-18)
- PGCE Secondary School Direct Science: Chemistry (11-16 or 11-18)
- PGCE Secondary School Direct Science: Physics (11-16 or 11-18)
- PGCE Secondary School Direct: Business Education (14-19)