Browse upcoming events in Geography at The University of Manchester.
The research seminar series
The research seminar series offers staff and students the opportunity to engage with new and emerging geographical research from early career academics through to those more internationally renowned.
- Professor Kim England, University of Washington
- Dr Mark Hildebrandt, Southern Illinois University
- Garry Huckleberry, University of Arizona
- Professor Ed Soja, UCLA
- Professor Dick Walker, University of California
- Professor Henry Yeung, National University of Singapore
- Professor Colin Ballantyne, University of St Andrews
- Professor Allan Cochrane, the Open University
- Professor Danny Dorling, University of Oxford
- Professor Matthew Gandy, UCL
- Professor Stephen Graham, University of Newcastle
- Professor Stuart Lane, Durham University
- Professor Simon Marvin, University of Salford
- Professor Stephen Royle, Queen's University Belfast
- Professor David Sadler, University of Liverpool
- Professor Mike Summerfield, University of Edinburgh
- Professor Gill Valentine, University of Leeds
- Professor John Wainwright, University of Sheffield
- Professor Tim Allott
- Dr Roger Braithwaite
- Dr Martin Dodge
- Dr Laura Edwards
- Dr James Evans
- Dr Martin Hess
- Dr Mark Jayne
- Professor Maria Kaika
- Professor Erik Swyngedouw
- 2013-14 Semester 1 (PDF, 9KB)
- 2013-14 Semester 2 (PDF, 12KB)
- 2012-13 Semester 2 (PDF, 340KB)
- 2010-11 Semesters 1 and 2 (PDF, 12KB)
- 2009-10 Semesters 1 and 2 (PDF, 26KB)
- 2008-9 Semester 1 (PDF, 20KB)
- 2008-9 Semester 2 (PDF, 17KB)
- 2007-8 Semester 1 (PDF 11KB)
- 2007-8 Semester 1 (PDF 12KB)
- 2006-7 Semester 1 (PDF 9KB)
- 2006-7 Semester 2 (PDF 12KB)
- 2005-6 Semester 1 (PDF 11KB)
- 2005-6 Semester 2 (PDF 11KB)
GDI Lecture Series: Blood Bricks: Untold Stories of Modern Slavery and Climate Change from Cambodia with Prof Katherine Brickell
The Global Development Institute is pleased to host Prof Kate Brickell as part of the GDI Lecture Series, talking about: Blood Bricks: Untold Stories of Modern Slavery and Climate Change from Cambodia Cambodia is in the midst of a construction boom. The building of office blocks, factories, condominiums, housing estates, hotels, and shopping..
GDI Lecture Series: Property, institutions, and social stratification in Africa with Franklin Obeng-Odoom
The Global Development Institute is pleased to host Associate Professor Franklin Obeng-Odoom as part of the GDI Lecture Series, talking about: Property, institutions, and social stratification in Africa While it is intrinsically important to explain and, ultimately, try to address social stratification in Africa, these aspirations have not ye..
GDI Lecture Series: Agrarian crises, institutional innovation and gender: Can group farming provide an answer? with Prof Bina Agarwal
The Global Development Institute and the Post Crash Economics Society is pleased to host Prof Bina Agarwal part of the GDI Lecture Series, talking about: Agrarian crisis and institutional innovation: Can group farming provide an answer? In efforts by developing countries to address agrarian distress arising from persisting rural poverty, unv..
Keynote speakers: Prof Em Clara Greed (UWE) Dr Christoph Luethi (EAWAG) Prof Nicholas Rose (King's College London) Dr Farhana Sultana (Syracuse) Countries undergoing rapid urban transformations experience shifts in various infrastructural systems. However, there are explicit tensions between the apparent need to develop national infrastructu..
GDI Lecture Series: Ambitious and ambiguous public investments in African cities with Edgar Pieterse
The Global Development Institute is pleased to host Edgar Pieterse as part of the GDI Lecture Series, talking about: Ambitious and ambiguous public investments in African cities Urban governance in most African cities is marked by weak regulatory enablement by national governments, limited autonomous fiscal resources, limited managerial capac..
- Page 1